Tue, Jan 19|
Virtual Training on Zoom
Yin Yoga: Subtle Realms
Yoga master and Wake Up Yoga founder Corina Benner guides you through this training that focuses on the incredibly therapeutic benefits of yin yoga on the physical, energetic and mental/emotional bodies. Investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, seeking to understand the true method of yin.
Time & Location
Jan 19, 2021, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Virtual Training on Zoom
About The Event
This training will be held live on Zoom!
This training is a fact-filled fascinating journey into understanding how and why to practice in this fashion, and Corina's passion and enthusiasm for the subject keeps everyone alert and engaged … even on Zoom! As all of us work to remain responsive to the ever-changing landscape of teaching yoga in an often chaotic and uncertain world, be assured you that being able to convey the true merits of the yin yoga practice is a skill for your toolbox that will benefit everyone, including yourself. The practice lends itself quite easily to an online platform, and you may be able to reach people who have felt alienated by the current culture of yoga. This slow-paced, individually-tailored practice does so much to enhance resiliency, suppleness, and a sense of ease with reality. More people need this practice, and you can be well poised to deliver.
Yoga master and Wake Up Yoga founder Corina Benner guides you through this training that focuses on the incredibly therapeutic benefits of yin yoga on the physical, energetic and mental/emotional bodies (the Annamaya, Pranamaya and Manomaya Koshas), and lean into understanding how this practice helps the student connect with the Anandamaya Kosha.
We will investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, seeking to understand the method of this practice, and exploring appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices, and opportunities to work in partners and small groups for practical experience applying the information. You will viscerally integrate the information so that, upon completion, you will feel confident teaching yin yoga and also fielding students’ questions with confidence and true clarity.
Topics to be addressed:
• Theory of Yin/Yang/Tao and how these concepts are embedded in the practice, and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance
• Tension and Compression, two of yoga’s primary stressors
• Anatomy & Physiology: Bones, Muscles, Fascia and Organs
• Anatomical Uniqueness and “Inside-Out Alignment”
• Contraindications, and tailoring the practice to different populations.
• Nadis/Meridians, Organs and Emotions, Patterns of Excess, Deficiency and Balance (up to this point for all 3 training schedule options listed below. The following points will be reduced or eliminated in trainings less than 32 hours)
• A.A.F.F.R.: a formula for responding to emotional responses in yin yoga practice
• Breathing practices to invite the fullness of experience
• Safe, Sacred and Neutral: prerequisite for personal YINquiry
This training is open to yoga teachers of all traditions as well as curious and dedicated yin yoga students. Participants will receive a certificate of completion which can be applied as “Continuing Education Units” (CEU’s) for Registered Yoga Teachers.
Sign up by February 12th to ensure you'll receive the materials on time.
Thursday, 2/19: 6 - 9 PM
Friday, 2/20 - Sunday, 2/22: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuition: $550 (includes $30 fee for materials + shipping & handling). Manual and materials will be mailed to the provided address.
Save 10% by registering before February 5th using the promo code "earlybird" (includes materials + shipping & handling).
Tuition without materials: $520
Yin Yoga TT Full - $550
This includes materials + shipping & handling.