Fri, Dec 02|
Yin Yoga Teacher Training: The Essential Foundations
Yin is a deep and contemplative practice that is the perfect complement to an active, busy, responsible and rewarding life, and this training is the perfect introduction to the practice ...
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2022, 6:00 PM – Dec 04, 2022, 5:00 PM
New York, 227 W 13th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
About The Event
Curious about Yin Yoga? Want to deeply understand how it differs from both vinyasa and restorative yoga? Do you aspire to a home practice of yin and/or to share it with yoga students, colleagues, relatives and friends? Yin is a deep and contemplative practice that is the perfect complement to an active, busy, responsible, and rewarding life, and this training is the perfect introduction to the practice. You will leave feeling confident, competent, and empowered to practice and teach this style of yoga, with a steady foundation to build upon when you want to deepen your understanding.
Topics to be addressed:
- Elevator Pitch: What is Yin Yoga?
- Tension and Compression: two of the main ways we influence energy in the body
- The most important question to answer when coming into a yin yoga pose
- How to safely exit yin yoga poses
- Types of sensation in yin yoga: safe or unsafe?
- Basic Guidelines for Sequencing:
- Yin-only practice
- Yin and active practice: the effects of beginning with one or the other
- Groups of poses and how to tailor the pose to the student
- The Teacher’s job: holding space, directing awareness, creating a safe, sacred, and neutral environment
Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices. This training is open to yoga teachers of all traditions and avid yoga students curious to deepen their practice. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate, and teachers registered with Yoga Alliance will be awarded 18 hours of continuing education credits.