Foundational Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicing Surrender & Receptivity
Time & Location
About The Event
This training primarily focuses on the incredibly therapeutic benefits of yin yoga on the physical and energetic bodies (the Annamaya and Pranamaya Koshas), and helps you connect with the Anandamaya Kosha (the bliss body). As we all work to remain responsive to the ever-changing landscape of teaching yoga in an often chaotic and uncertain world, rest assured that being able to convey the true merits of yin yoga practice is a skill for your toolbox that will benefit everyone, including yourself. The practice lends itself quite easily to an online platform, and you may be able to reach people who have felt alienated by fast-paced yoga classes. This slow-paced, individually-tailored practice enhances resiliency, suppleness, and a sense of ease with reality. Many people are seeking this practice, and you can be well poised to deliver.
We will investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, seeking to understand the method of this practice, and exploring appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices, and opportunities to work in partners and small groups for practical experience applying the information. You will viscerally integrate the information so that, upon completion, you will feel confident teaching yin yoga and also fielding students’ questions with confidence and true clarity. And other tenets of yoga philosophy will be woven into the teaching to reinforce what you already know and possibly deepen your understanding.
Topics to be addressed:
• Theory of Yin/Yang/Tao: how these concepts are embedded in the practice, and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance
• Tension and Compression, two of yoga’s primary stressors
• Skeletal Anatomy, Anatomical Uniqueness and “Inside-Out Alignment”
• Contraindications, and tailoring the practice to different populations.
• Nadis/Meridians, Patterns of Excess, Deficiency and Balance
• Breathing practices to prepare the student for a deeper experience
• Safe, Sacred and Neutral: prerequisite for personal YINquiry
This training is open to yoga teachers of all traditions as well as curious and dedicated yin yoga students. Participants will receive a certificate of completion which can be applied as “Continuing Education Units” (CEU’s) for Registered Yoga Teachers.
You will need to purchase and download the manual from this website.
Daily ItineraryAll on Zoom
- Foundational Yin Yoga Training$425$4250$0