Tue, Sep 13|
Virtual Yin Yoga Teacher Training: The Preliminaries - 5 Tuesdays to Lay the Foundation
This is the perfect introduction to teaching yin yoga! You will learn the most essential ground rules necessary to teach safe, effective yin yoga classes, and leave with a solid base to build upon when you want to deepen your knowledge, offered in a format that easily fits into your busy life.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2022, 6:00 PM – Oct 11, 2022, 9:00 PM
About The Event
Are you curious about Yin Yoga? Have you enjoyed taking a few yin yoga classes and want to more thoroughly understand how it differs from both vinyasa and restorative yoga? Do you aspire to a home practice of yin and/or to share it with yoga students, colleagues, relatives and friends? Yin is a deep and contemplative practice that is the perfect complement to an active, busy, responsible and rewarding life, and this training is the perfect introduction to the practice. You will leave feeling confident, competent and empowered to practice and teach this style of yoga, with a solid foundation to build upon when you want to deepen your understanding.
Topics to be addressed:
• Elevator Pitch: What is Yin Yoga?
• Tension & Compression: two of the main ways we influence energy in the body
• The most important question to answer when coming into a yin yoga pose
• How to safely exit yin yoga poses
• Types of sensation in yin yoga: safe or unsafe?
• Basic Guidelines for Sequencing:
Yin and active practice: the effects of beginning with one or the other
• Groups of poses and how to tailor the pose to the student
• The Teacher’s job: holding space, directing awareness, creating a safe, sacred and neutral environment
Included in the training are plenty of yin yoga practices and ample time for Q&A. This training is open to yoga teachers of all traditions and avid yoga students curious to deepen their practice. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate, and teachers registered with Yoga Alliance will be awarded 15 hours of continuing education credits.