Yin Yoga Foundational Teacher Training: Practicing Surrender and Receptivity
Time & Location
About The Event
This training will focus on the great therapeutic benefits of Yin Yoga on the physical, energetic, and mental/emotional bodies (the annamaya, pranamaya, and manomaya koshas). We will investigate the foundational shapes of Yin Yoga, seeking to understand the method of this practice and exploring appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily Yin Yoga practices and opportunities to work in partners and small groups for practical experience applying the information. You will viscerally integrate the information so that, upon completion of the training, you will feel confident teaching Yin Yoga and also fielding students’ questions with confidence and clarity.
Topics to be addressed:
- theory of Yin/Yang/Tao and how those concepts are embedded in the practice and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance
- tension and compression, two of Yoga’s primary stressors
- anatomy and physiology: bones, muscles, fascia, and organs
- anatomical uniqueness and “inside-out alignment”
- contraindications and tailoring the practice to different populations
- nadis/meridians, organs and emotions, patterns of excess, deficiency, and balance
- A.A.F.F.R.: a formula for responding to emotional responses in Yin Yoga practice
- breathing practices to invite the fullness of experience
- safe, sacred, and neutral: prerequisite for personal YINquiry
This training is open to Yoga teachers of all traditions as well as curious and dedicated Yin Yoga students. Participants will receive a certificate of completion, which can be applied as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for registered Yoga teachers.